Monday, February 12, 2007



Today is a sad day! After a lovely but short visit to T in Leeds I started for home only to get a phone call from P. Our elderly cat Tiggy was failing fast and Phil had decided to take him to the vet. I managed to get to the vet just in time to see him handing a very small, towel wrapped bundle to P. Tiggy is dead.

We all left the vets in tears. Tiggy was 19. He was a real rebel all his life; never fully litter trained and the list of his accidents (never truly accidental) around the house is exceedingly long. Noisy, voracious of appetite and affectionate on his own terms, a dribbler and a handsome beast, he was one of a kind. I shall miss him greatly. Although I won't miss the "heaps" he left so often in the most awkward of places.

We have buried him in the garden. Sleep well, old fella xxxx

Photo by P

5 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

I'm so sorry to read about Tiggy - sleep well.

Sending you {{HUGS}} and thinking of you.

picperfic said...

aww...so very sad...I hate February mostly, its a hard month to get through....just take the hope that all the little bulbs send us when they pop their heads up out of the frozen soil, that's what I do anyway ;^) (((J)))

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Sorry to hear about Tiggy, he had a long and happy life on his terms by the sounds of it LOL so don't be too sad for him. He has gone to visit with all my little barn cats that I have lost over the past 6 years, even though they were barn cats I still got very attached to each and every one. Bet he is bossing them all around.

Chin up

Lori

Mafia Wife said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your kitty passed on. Almost 20 years of memories with him you have to cherish at least. Thoughts are with you and family today.

Kaycee said...

I am so sorry to hear about Tiggy. I'm sure that you and your family miss him so much