Friday, April 06, 2007


Old Man of the Forest
This is one of the sculptures in Grizedale Forest. There are lots of them but we were busy on an Easter Egg hunt with the smaller members of the group and I didn't notice any of the others!



For catblogging Friday, here is Ollie who loves his widescreen TV and would be really depressed if we upgraded to a flat screen monitor.

My eldest daughter Kate has asked me introduce you to a very special person, who is one of Kate's close friends. She is an inspiration to everyone who knows her.

"My name's Jade Carr and I'm 13 yrs old. I was born with a serious heart condition called "Dilated Cardiomyopathy" and at the age of 3 1/2 I had a Heart Transplant at Harefield Hospital performed by the " Proff " Sir Magdi Yacoub. On 2nd February 2007, it will be my 10th "Heart- Day" Anniversary and I will be celebrating it with a Charity Evening to raise money to send myself and my British Teammates to the World Transplant Games in Thailand 2007.

My first British Transplant Games were 4mths after my transplant in 1997 and I won my first medals, silver in the Welly Throw and silver in the 25m race. In the last 10 yrs I have only missed 1 Games, that was because I needed a Pacemaker fitting in 2002, so up to now I have 20 medals.

After this years Games in Bath,where I won 3 Golds, 1 Silver and a 4th in 100m I have been selected to represent Great Britain and N.I. in my 1st World Transplant Games in Thailand 2007.

The cost to send each athlete to the WTG is £2,200, plus £1500 for each parent of the Teenage Team, so I need to try and raise £5200 and any extra will go towards helping send my other Teammates also. So please can you help !!"


If anyone would like to help Jade, here is her JustGiving Page

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. I am planning to spend most of it in the garden. I have roped P in to do some major pruning and chopping of stuff!!

There is no further news of K. I'm hoping right now that no news is good news!



2 comments:

RUTH said...

Just a quick visit to say thanks for all your supportive comments. Love that photo of Ollie. What a special person Jade sounds.
Rx

JAM said...

Love the sculpture, I love coming across things like that. I think Ollie and I could get along. I spend as much time as I can lazing around, though I don't fit on top of a TV. I'll bet when ignored, he drops that tail over the edge and between you and the shows you're watching.

Jade sounds like and amazing person.