Saturday, May 19, 2007



It's been a funny week. After the "high" of hearing that P's boss had said yes to his unpaid leave; the HR department have now said "no". Their reason - they do not have a policy on unpaid leave and they are also not happy that the people commisioning P's work will be paying him! P is devestated. I think it's fair to say he'll never get a chance like this again.He's not giving up yet but I think he's almost lost hope.

Here's another Big Cat pic. I have such a soft spot for the lions now.

7 comments:

RUTH said...

That is so unfair...they should be proud that one of their employees has a chance like P has to do something so special. No wonder people are dishonest and just take Sick Leave; poor P tried to do it the honest way. Fingers crossed something wil work out.
Another great Lion photo.
{{HUGS}}
Rx

Anna Ridley said...

Ohhh.... what horrible news. Hope things do work out for P. Bosses can be so unfair at times. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that a solution is found!

xoxo

picperfic said...

how can they do that? Are they worried that this job will lead to P leaving the firm? How unfair! I am very cross with these flipping jobsworths....!

Akelamalu said...

That's really unfair, I hope he finds a solution.

Great picture by the way!

Anna said...

Sorry to hear that about P.....

The lions really are beautiful!

JAM said...

Sorry about P and this situation. I sometimes think people love to crush other folk's opportunities. I hope that he ends up being allowed to take advantage of this, things like this don't fall into your lap very often.

Nice shot of the lion too.

Nivio de Souza said...

Very good picts. Congrats!