Saturday, May 26, 2007


You've heard of "mad cows" - well, does this sheep look sane to you??
I took both these photos when out with T; I only had the Olympus with me so they are just snaps. I have some lovely ones of T too but she has threatened me with dire consequences if I post any :( T has a far better pig pic on her blog.

I have been thinking a lot about friendships tonight and I found these words on the Net: they seemed to sum up something of what I've been feeling.

For special friends...

When one is surrounded by love, the feeling of excitement fades away, and one tends to ignore the true love that lies in between the peace and dullness. Love shows up in all forms, even very small and cheeky forms, it has never been a model, it could be the most dull and boring form......flowers, and romantic moments are only used and appear on the surface of the relationship. Under all this, the pillar of true love stands......and that's our life. Love, not words win arguments... Sometimes we expect far too much of the people around us, and because no one can ever live up to those expectations, we are almost always disappointed. Wouldn't it be better if we just let go, and let people be who they are? Then we'd be able to see them as they are -- with all their beauty and goodness in which we take joy, and with all their faults which we can also see in ourselves.
When we have put someone up on a pedestal, sculpturing them to fit our needs and desires by smoothing out the rough edges and creating new curves here and there, we cannot see the real person underneath our work. All we see is the illusion we have created. That is denying the person's real identity and is disrespectful. It's much better for our friends and for ourselves if we drop our expectations and illusions, and accept them all just the way they are. Whether we realize it or not, everyone we know is very special to us. The most important thing to remember is... Always appreciate the friends that you have. A fight may come and go very easily, but a friendship could last forever. The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.

Thanks
for the nice comments on P's commission. We are still pinching ourselves that this is happening!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Hi CG...

I liked your photo but never saw a sheep with a blue face before! :)

As for Natalya's photo, just post it! We don't care if there are flaws. We over look them.

RUTH said...

Oh this sheep doesn't look happy. Maybe he is camera shy. Sorry we won't get to see your T. photos, but I'm the same...I hate having my photo taken let alone having it printed! I like the words you've quoted...it is important to accept people just as they are and not try to mould them into what we want them to be...it works both ways though and it's important to be your ownself too and not feel you have to change just to please others. Oh for that perfect world!
{{HUGS}}
Rx

Anna Ridley said...

What sweet little piggies they are!!!

Shame we won't get to see your photos of T - but I understand; I hate photos of me too!

Beautiful words about friendship, wonderful to read. Thank you for sharing them.

{{HUGS}}

xoxo

Akelamalu said...

Lovely words, and I just love the photo of the piglets!

JAM said...

I'm certainly not Bratt Pitt, but, BOY is that an ugly sheep. Actually, he's so ugly he's kinda cute; in a Yoda sort of way.

The pigs are cute though.