Monday, November 12, 2007



Sometimes I sit alone in this little pool of light when the rest of the house has gone to bed, and catch up on blog reading and commenting. Sometimes I find something not intended for me at all but which really speaks to me. Tonight it was a comment on Lori's blog with a quotation from (of all people!) Minnie Driver which said:

"There is absolutely no point in sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself. The great power you have is to let go ... focus on what you have, not that, which has been mean or unkindly removed."


I've had a week or so of feeling pretty sorry for myself and I'm going to try my hardest to make next week better. I'm missing Phil a lot already but the week will soon pass. And I'm really going to work on letting go of so many negative emotions that keep dragging me down.

Thanks isabella for the quote. You don't know it but you were just the kick up the a*$e I needed tonight!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry that you've been 'wallowing' lately. It is ok to wallow you know as long as it doesn't take over. I'm sure once you have Phil home again, you'll feel differently. And there's the run up to Christmas too. You won't have time to wallow anymore LOL.

Lunch is definately on before Christmas.. I'd love that!!

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

Lots of Love and hugs

Annie xxx

Akelamalu said...

That's a beautiful picture and that quote is so true.

Glad to hear you are seeing some light at the end of that tunnel. x

picperfic said...

the power of words are amazing and I love it when they speak to me...just as those words spoke to you just when you needed them too. How's the knitting doing?

JAM said...

It is usually something completely unexpected, like this quote, that helps pull me out of a funk too.

I love the photo of the little spider. I dislike spiders in general, but don't mind the little bitty ones like this.

RUTH said...

Lovely photo :o) I think I should print that quote...really inspiring.
{{HUGS}}
Rx

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely shot.....words to ponder.