Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Here is my third "Project Yellow" photo. It's a mixed bunch of flowers I bought myself last week. I have to confess the pic was NOT sharp but I was in a hurry so I quickly fiddled with it in PS and humbly offer it up - feel free to hate it LOL.

This is a shot from Saturday's wedding - for some reason there was a piper when the bride and groom arrived and he also piped the guests through to the wedding breakfast. He told me his poor knees were frozen after the outdoor piping session and his fingers were chilly too.

I have bought a new camera bag on Ebay, as neither the Lowepro rucksack or the Crumpler bag are big enough for two DSRLs and flash/lenses at wedding shoots. I got a Lowepro Nova 5 for a bargain price so i'm a happy Julie today.

First RDA session since Easter and it was good to see horses, volunteers and riders again after the four week break.

10 comments:

Jenn said...

I like your photo Julie :) oooh he does look cold, I hope he's not a 'true Scot'..... hehe!

Ooh will have to look up the Nova, my Orion Trekker is too big for every day use but my normal bag offers no protection.

photowannabe said...

Love your yellow flowers Julie and the piper is great. Poor frozen knees.

Dianne said...

LOL at jenn, I was thinking the same thing. Cold knees would be the least of it, can we say "shrinkage"!

Can I feel free to love the yellow flowers?

Akelamalu said...

The flowers are lovely and so is the Piper - I'm a sucker for a man in a kilt! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi JM - Oh yes I'm with Jen on that one. If his knees were cold I hope he'd got his more sensitive bits wrapped up! I assume you didn't look, but then nothing would surprise me with you! (remember what you told me in Boots in Chester!) My 5d arrived today. It's sooo gorgeous! ((Big Hugs))

dot said...

What beautiful yellow flowers! Not long ago I saw a man in a kilt at WalMart. Couldn't believe my eyes! Maybe he was going to a wedding.
I really really like your header picture!

Lilli & Nevada said...

I think the flower is pretty and not blurry from my end. So it was a good shot.
Poor piper

Anna said...

How could anyone hate that? Beautiful!

The Quiet Rage said...

Chilly knees and cold fingers???? He was HITTING on you for a place to warm his extremeties;) CG, you need to go back to flirting school!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh my....the comments here are so hilarious....but back to the pictures....I LOVE the flower shot. And how neat to have a piper at the wedding. I've never been to a wedding with a piper...but I'm in the South....so they are probably not as common around here :)