Monday, July 28, 2008



"Lighten our darkness, Lord, we pray,
and in your great mercy
defend us from all perils and dangers of this night"

I saw these lanterns in church and took a quick photo. When I came to edit it, I darkened the background and those words came into my head. I have always found them extremely comforting...

It's been hot (for England!) the last couple of days. This morning I went to aerobics and ended up literally dripping! Then a bit of shopping, Tesco and home - it was cooler indoors. The cats were finding the heat a bit too much; I kept finding them stretched out under bushes or on our granite worksurface. I'm actually missing our old ceramic tiles in the kitchen which stayed lovely and cold on hot days.

Work tommorrow and Friday, then from Saturday I'm ON HOLIDAY for two weeks. I am loving not working so many hours. I'm enjoying not rushing round like a maniac but actually having time to catch up on stuff I've been needing to do for ages.

Bedtime...but I'm finding it TOO HOT to sleep! LOL...only a few days ago I was complaining about our chilly summer. Never happy, that's us Brits!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, it isn't only the Brits who complain about the weather. Its been too hot here lately too. Plus you can't take good outdoors shots in the bright sun. But I'll be complaining about the cold soon. :)

This is a nice peaceful shot. I think darkening the background was a good idea.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, I absolutely love this shot! And that prayer is AWESOME! I am going to memorize that! I do know what you mean about sleeping when it's hot....I just can't do it! I can handle the heat any other time...but not when I'm trying to sleep! How nice for you to be off for 2 weeks!!!

Dianne said...

Oh the lanterns are beautiful

It's been hot here for what feels like ages. But we do have the AC. I remember once when I was in London during an odd heat wave I quickly became the ugly American muttering to myself about 'savages without air' and 'just because the Queen doesn't sweat'

I was such a wretched person. I spent days apologizing to all my Brit friends.

The Quiet Rage said...

Too hot to sleep??? Must mean P is home;)