Friday, August 22, 2008

While in Bath we visited Sally Lunn's. This famous teashop serves the famous Sally Lunn buns. Hard to describe, they are very light and topped with a choice of flaoured butters. I had ginger, my inlaws had cinnamon and the girls had chocolate. After sampling everyone's bun, I decided cinnamon was the best option!

Below is a shot of the sign for the Pump Room in Bath.

In the post today I received the most beautiful sympathy card from Mrs Nesbitt. Thank you, Denise, it is lovely and the words are most comforting. I have no idea if the service for Karen has taken place yet, as the kind sister in law who has kept me informed whenever Karen was ill is away from her home and with the rest of the family right now.

It still hasn't sunk in that she has gone...

I just had a lovely time in Chester with Kate. Normally it's Sian and I who go off together so it was fun to spend time just with Kate. I treated her to some new make-up and even got the salesgirl to demonstrate the right colours and methods of application. I am so blessed in my two lovely daughters!

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE the signs! That last one was perfect for B&W. I'm hoping someone starts a sign meme...I think it would be fun to have a day when we posted signs.

The Quiet Rage said...

All the talk about Sally Lunn's buns got me giggling. I know, I know... I need to grow up.

CG said...

I have just two words for you, Quiet Rage - "spotted dick" :)

Akelamalu said...

LOL I like it that you tasted everyone else's bun! :)

I love those signs and Chester is one of my favourite places.

mrsnesbitt said...

We have never been to Chester, wondering if it is a suitable distance for a blast one Sunday, will check.