Tuesday, October 14, 2008


My feather duster...

I have the most glamourous feather duster. It's really too good for cobwebs.

It's a very limiting time, photographically speaking, as I'm still laid up. I saw the doctor yesterday and he confirmed it is a severe sprain and I'm signed off work until next Tuesday. Yesterday I did some minor pottering and just like that, my ankle swelled up again. So I really do have to bloody rest!!

I can start taking some little walks soon. My mother in law has lent me a walking stick and taught me how to use it!

I have a new motto on my blog header. Phil & I have been watching the series "From the earth to the moon" and each episode starts with part of JFK's speech about going to the moon.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon... we choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Whatever you think about JFK, or indeed space travel, I thought " what a great idea - to choose to do something because it is hard!" So often I have chosen easy things as I know I can do them. So often I've chosen NOT to do the hard things. Well, I don't want to be like that, anymore.

4 comments:

photowannabe said...

A great philosphy for all of us. Its just too easy to settle for second best. I'll accept that JFK challenge too.
So sorry your ankle is so painful. I know its hard but stay off of it so you can get back to work sooner.
Nice closeup of the feather duster, by the way.

Akelamalu said...

I thought it was a feather boa! Very glamourous.

Sorry to hear your still hobbling m'dear.

Yes that's a great philosophy - challenging oneself.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you are still in pain but I love your spirit. If you can't get out and take photos, shoot what you can. :) Its a nice feather duster

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the feather duster!!
Sorry you are still in pain!
I think your new motto is FANTASTIC!! You inspire me :)