Tuesday, June 09, 2009



Two weddings on two successive Saturdays and the weather couldn't have been more different! This photo is from the wedding on May 30th which was brilliantly sunny and HOT the whole day, last Saturday's wedding was cold and wet the whole time!

Both types of weather create their own challenges; I think I actually found the very sunny day hardest as there was so much harsh sunlight paired with inky shadows - nightmarish exposure-wise. I learn something new every wedding I shoot and the fact that you never know what challenges the day will hold make it both rewarding and absolutely terrifying...!

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

That's interesting that you found the shoot in the sunshine more difficult.

That's terrible about your daughter - how do these rumours start for goodness sake? :(

Dianne said...

my niece had a friend who was devastated by a rumor that there were topless photos of her on the web
HS is a battlefield

love your NY shot

so sorry my leg gave out on me
would have been awesome to meet you!!

Scriptor Senex said...

Sorry about the daughter rumour. What an unpleasant one to start.

Glad the weddings went OK despite the weather challenges. I suppose it's one of the challenges that will always be there one way or another.

photowannabe said...

What a devestating and cruel rumor to start. I'm sorry your beautiful daughter has to go through that.
You sound so busy with the wedding photography and I think its wonderful. I agree that the harsh sun can be a real challenge. Just keep plugging along Julie.

Kerri Farley said...

An awful rumour!!! Kids can be cruel!