Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm VERY grumpy....!!

Today was a really great day, until about 4.40 this afternoon. My sister in law and her twin nieces (11 years old) are visiting from NZ and they came to have lunch and spend some time with us. It was raining so after we'd eaten, the four cousins all charged around the house playing Sardines and it was really lovely to see them having fun and being together after 18 months apart.

My two nieces have loads of energy and as the rain briefly ceased they went outside into the road with Kate & Sian to have a game of badminton. A little while later they came in upset and embarrassed saying "X" had told them to go and play outside their own house instead of hers!

Well, I was LIVID! This is the same neighbour who complains bitterly if anyone DARES to park outside her house. Now, apparently, children aren't allowed to play outside her house either! I'm speechless....! I don't understand it AT ALL.

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Good fences make good neighbours!
I remember this scene as a child! "Go and play up your own end" I was batting the ball against my own house wall!

Scriptor Senex said...

People like that don't deserve you wasting your energy getting upset. It's just such a shame that they have to bully children instead of taking out on people of a similar ilk!

Akelamalu said...

Oh what a shame. :(

Dianne said...

every neighborhood has at least one

not worth it

they are joyless asshats

I once lived next door to a woman who told my son that his little bike was ruining her sidewalk and that he had to stop at her property line

Kerri Farley said...

She must be one unhappy lady!
It was great that the cousins could be together!!

The Quiet Rage said...

Let her complain all she wants and ignore her. Just consider the source... What type of person is upset over happy children?