Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago I had just turned 40. Phil had booked a trip to New York, my favourite city, to celebrate. We were due to fly out on 20th September.

11th September 2001 was a beautiful early autumn day in Helsby. I was home from work as a local handyman was replacing spindles on our staircase. Suddenly I got a phone call from Phil telling me to switch on the news as a plane had just flown into the Twin Towers. At that time we assumed it was a terrible accident. I put on the news and .....well, we all know the rest.

I have been back to the city twice since then. It is still one of my favourite places on earth. I don't know why but I have always felt very much at home there.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of NYC and with Americans everywhere on this ten year anniversary. God bless you all. From my heart.

2 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Everyone remembers where they were on that day. :(

Dianne said...

stopped by to say I was thinking of you