Sunday, May 20, 2012

Well, I did it, one month without shopping apart from a couple of support things for my sports injuries. It has been an interesting experience. I am glad I was able to do it. I think it has taught me a lot of my shopping is impulse driven. If I can't buy it at once the urge goes away surprisingly fast. I think shopping is addictive behaviour for me in that I like the buzz of buying stuff more than I value the stuff itself. In the same time period I have given up sugar and processed foods, had hypnotherapy for anxiety and taken up yoga. It has been an interesting and rewarding few weeks.

4 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're really sorting out your whole system...I think that maybe i need to do the 'no personal shopping for a month thingy...'

cheshire wife said...

I have been monitoring what I spend. I noticed that last month I did not spend much so this month I am making up for it. You can end up going to the other extreme of wearing your clothes until they fall to pieces.

Baby Hampers said...

given up sugar AND processed foods? Wow. I don't know you but if you were overweight I wouldn't be surprised if you lost a pound or two.