Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I filled the car with petrol today. It cost me over £42. That's around $80 US. It's scary. It isn't as if I have a big car, just a medium sized saloon. Luckily it does good mileage. When I think that Phil does twice my mileage and what we must be jointly paying for petrol each month I feel ill. I'm certainly trying to drive less but public transport is both awkward and expensive for getting just about anywhere. No wonder most people drive; there is little alternative if you live outside the cities.
The weird thing is i can fly to numerous European destinations for around £45!!

3 comments:

TotalChaos said...

I don't know what is going to happen with the prices. We only put US$20.00 in our little car, and get 5.85 gallons. That's only half a tank. Mostly in town driving, so the milage isn't as good as on the highway, and I have a lead foot.

Fat Pants said...

Something must be done about the gas prices or maybe omly rich people will own cars.

Mel said...

We're not that high here, but up to almost $3 per gallon, so around $50 to fill each car on empty. I'm thankful for this time of year when Six Toes rides his motorcycle to work cuz it's very gas efficient!