Friday, December 29, 2006

What a strange period it is between Christmas and New Year! It's like everything is on hold! i was at work yesterday but it was really quiet and dull. i'm glad I took today off.

It was a great Christmas, despite having to work the three days preceeding Christmas eve which were incredibly quiet at work! Christmas eve was spent with J and her family - we had a great time playing silly games and didn't leave until midnight; by which time S was getting VERY anxious that Santa would go to our house and find us out and not leave any presents!!We checked his progress on NORAD and S was relieved to hear he'd only just passed over London.

The girls woke us up at 8 am Christmas morning which was pretty reasonable of them. We opened our Santa gifts then went downstairs to open the rest of our presents aided by a pot of coffee. The girls seemed thrilled with their presents - K was especially delighted by her furry boot slippers. I'm lucky to have such appreciative kids. I started cooking dinner and it was an hour late but as we had no guests it didn't matter! It was probably my best ever Christmas dinner as I wasn't stressing about it.

Afterwards I fell asleep watching "Monsters Inc". We basically relaxed the remainder of the day; watched some TV etc. I tried phoning K in Canada but had no reply. Did get through the our friends in CA and we all took it in turn to chat to one another - it was lovely.

Boxing Day was lovely too with P's parents visiting for the day. Wednesday we didn't do much although S and I visited J in the afternoon. Yesterday i was back at work and in the evening had a great visit with another site friend. We all played this PS Monkey game which was a lot of fun. K was undisputed champion of the night!!

Today is very wet and windy so I think I'm going to stay home. I might tidy out my drawers (I know how to have fun!!!)

Not sure yet what we are doing for new year. My local friend JW wants us all to get together; we just haven't decided which house it will be at yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and the whole family!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.