Friday, March 30, 2007

Catblogging Friday again....

I am glad to see an end to this week, to be honest. Yesterday I had some very disheartening news at work that has given my confidence a huge knock - I am struggling to know how I can get through this. A minor irritation that I could have done without is that apparently our childrens birth certificates are the wrong sort and the passport office won't accept them as part of their passport applications. So I have to go into Chester and apply (and pay) for the RIGHT sort.... I have some personal worries as well which are causing me real anxiety and confusion.
Today started ok with both our Get Into Reading Group and the Knit & Natter sessions at the library going extremely well but after that I could feel myself getting increasingly discouraged, disheartened and eventually (to my shame) tearful. I walked around the Marine Lake at lunch time trying to pull myself together but without much luck I am away from Saturday to Monday in the Lakes and am going to do some serious thinking and hopefully come up with some solutions to my problems and worries.

The cat photo is of a Siamese we met inNorthumberland last summer. I have a real soft spot for this breed and he was a lovely friendly animal but full of ticks and fleas!



The second shot is a pic I took for a competition on the subject of eggs! It didn't turn out quite as I had hoped though :(

I was thinking of starting my own gardening blog as I have so enjoyed reading those of various fellow bloggers and got as far as setting it up but I seem to have lost heart for that too.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I'll look forward to catching up with you all next week. ((HUGS))

8 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

{{{HUGE HUGE HUGS}} I'm so sorry you have had such a difficult time at work - hope whatever's upsetting you doesn't last. You know you can always email me if you need another ear :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend in the Lakes - it's a place I really want to visit one day!

Lots of love
xoxoxoxoxo

Mafia Wife said...

Oh, I hope you can get the passport thing all squared away without too much trouble! I am soooo looking forward to meeting you this summer and hanging out in the windy city!

I hope this weekend of thought will help you sort out the things that are getting to you right now. I know how that can be sometimes.

The kitty is beautiful, shame someone wasn't taking better care of him :(

Kaycee said...

I can really relate to work worries, especially in the world of libraries! You are in my thoughts and prayers for both your personal and work-related issues. I so wish that we could talk face to face instead of being "across the pond." I really need your sympathic ear, too! I will send you an e-mail soon!

I love the cat photo. The cat's eye caught my eye!

RUTH said...

There is so little I can say or do to make you feel better I know...I hate feeling so helpless especially as you give me so much support on my blog....but if you ever need a listening ear or a cyber shoulder to cry on outside of your usual circle of family and friends, T has all my details. Here's hoping that April will bring blue skies and sunshine in more ways than one.
Heartfelt {{{HUGS}}}
Rx

CG said...

You are all so very kind to me...I'm leaking again, like the Grinch. Thank you all from my heart!
HUGS XXXXXXX

Anna said...

Hope it all gets worked out soon with the passports. That would make me anxious I am sure. Have an enjoyable weekend and savor the moments!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

((((HUGE HUGS)))) Julie, I am sorry about how you are feeling, just know you are always in my thoughts. I hope your trip to the Lakes is filled with beautiful weather and fabulous photo opportunities.

The red tape and passports are really a pain and money making for the government departments. Here in US just to get permanent residence it cost us $1300 in applications and took four years. Every time we had to submit something else it had a price tag attached to it!!! So I feel your pain.

We grew up with cats, well one at a time and both of them were siamese. They are beautiful cats.

((((MORE HUGS)))))

Lori

RUTH said...

Hope your weekend went well.