Sunday, March 04, 2007






It's a bit grey and dull here today so i decided to post a couple of pics of Burano, one of the islands off Venice, to cheer myself up!

The island of Burano lies in the northern part of the Venetian Lagoon, about 40 minutes from Venice by motorboat. It has a much different atmosphere from Murano or Venice's historic center, thanks to the Buranese custom of painting houses in bright colors--a tradition that may have had its origins in the color schemes of local fishing boats. Everywhere you look, you'll see houses clad in blue, green, pink, rose, lavender, purple, yellow, and other colors. And because Burano's houses tend to be small, the island has a cheerful coziness. It wouldn't be surprising if Burano were used as a model for a family resort at Disney World.


We are off to visit my sister in law later; she has two new Cavalier King Charles spaniel pups and I'm hoping to get some photos of them.

I enjoyed watching the lunar eclipse last night - seeing the moon that red shade was quite eerie! It's nearly time to collect S from her sleepover. Oh dear; will she be cranky today :(


Happy Birthday to Mick xxxx

11 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

I would so love to visit Venice - these are beautiful photos. Looks like a photographer's paradise!

{{{HUGS}}} Enjoy your visit, hope you get some lovely photos!


xoxoxox

Ame said...

Hi Natalya!

Beeeeeeeeeeautiful color in these shots of yours...you're good!

Thanks for visiting SCDP!

I'll be back!
=)

Anna said...

Those shots make me want to go pack....NOW!
Love the colors and perspective here.

RUTH said...

Holiday time!!! The moon was incredible wasn't it; such beautiful colours. Many, many thanks for Mick's birthday wishes.
{[hugs}}
R & M

Kaycee said...

Thanks for posting the very scenic and colorful photos of Venice, CG! My Dad and I watched a travel program about Italy today and I really wish that I could visit one day.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

CG

These are wonderful, the colors are great. I have never visited Venice, maybe when Ihave made my fame and fortune as an equine photographer(Yeah right LOL!!!) I will be able to afford to travel and see all these wonderful places.

Lori

Unknown said...

It does look like it could be a Walt Disney setting. I love the colors. What is the mess on the street? Construction going on?

picperfic said...

love those colourful little houses and very much looking forward to seeing those pups. A friend of ours has a Cavalier Spaniel and i love their bounding squidginess!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Never been to Venice but it looks lovely.

The eclipse was very interesting this time round -- got some pics on my blog.

CG said...

Faye, it isn't a street, it's a little canal. The foreground is a boat with empty boxes on it. Everything comes by boat.

Memories Catcher said...

Great composition.I like the colors and the contrast between them.Good light.Well done!