Friday, April 13, 2007

Marine Lake, West Kirby

I like to walk around the Marine Lake in my lunch hour when the weather is good. These red things made me think of standard lamps; I don't know what they are for at all. I really enjoy my walks. A complete circuit of the lake and the walk to and from the library take me around 50 minutes. Sometimes I talk on the phone to a friend: at other times I listen to music, sometimes I just THINK.


Eggspressions

This was another comp entry for the TPC March competition. This was my best placed photo and I came joint sixth with it. I had so many ideas but in the end was rushed for time and as usual found it hard to put my ideas into practice.

I couldn't face Catblogging today; just feel too sad about Ollie still.
But then something happened that really made me smile!!

My blogger friend picperfic has very kindly nominated me for the award below!


I am absolutely thrilled. I think I met M by following a link from a comment she'd made on someone else's site and was at once captivated by her beautifully designed blog, her photos, her creativity and her energy. She is one of those multi-talented people who seem to be able to do lots of things really well and another thing I really like about her is she's a very loving and proud mum. I would absolutely love to meet her one day - fingers crossed we'll manage it soon! And she is knitting me a cardi aren't I lucky?? Thanks so much for brightening my day!!

So now it's up to me to nominate five people whose blogs I like and admire (not in any order!!):

Kaycee
Kathy is a long time penfriend of mine and fellow librarian. We share an interest in photographyas well as the written word. Kathy is not only very talented with her camera but she shares her thoughts on art and creativity in such an interesting way. I find myself thinking of her words a long time after I've read them. She doesn't just look, she SEES. She is kind and generous and fair.

Lori
Lori is a photographer and horse breeeder with vast amounts of courage and determination coupled with the soul of an artist. She sees so much beauty around her and luckily for us captures it with her camera. Lori loves and understands horses and takes amazing photos of them - I have to call in every day for my "horse fix" as do many others in the blogging community. Lori battles constantly with the ever-changing weather in her home state of Indiana but she's always positive, cheerful and a great support to others. Lori; I'd so love to meet you one day....

Memories Catcher
Who could resist a name like that? This blog, Crossing the Line, is full of beautiful photographs of Portugal along with lots of interesting historical, cultural and geographical information. It makes you want to pack your bags and get on a plane and I am always delighted to visit whenever it's updated. You've got to see it!

Mafia Wife
I have known M for for some time now; I think it was her blog that got me hooked on blogging really. M is a photographer, wife, mom, waitress and all round great gal and we're planning on meeting up in July when we visit Chicago. M is full of energy and enthusiasm; she thinks more clearly than most people I know and best of all, she can put her thoughts into words that make a lot of sense. If I need advice she's a person I'd trust. And she's FUNNY!!!

AB
Anna is a very talented photographer who has improved beyond belief since I've known her - going from complete beginner to a published photographer in only a couple of years. This Canadian girl married to an Englishman has a great sense of humour as well as an eye for a good photo; it's always a tonic to visit her blog and see what she's come up with.

It was so hard to chose only 5 - I visit lots of you daily and I REALLY enjoy every single visit. Some of you I've not known as long as others, some of you (like Talj) have already been nominated by picperfic and of course I can't nominate picperfic herself as she nominated me! I'd have happily nominated everyone of you!

Someone who I've not known for long but think is incredibly special is Ruth
Ruth, I'd nominate you like a shot but am not sure you have the time for it right now,your blog has made me think, learn and appreciate everything more than words can say.

So now it's up to YOU LOT!! Here are the rules from the originating site of the award:

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!