Thursday, April 12, 2007

A day out at Chester Zoo
The girls and I met a friend and his daughter at Chester Zoo today. It was really warm and pleasant and we had a great visit. As usual I was fascinated by the beautiful displays of flowers everywhere. The gardens are so well planted and looked after.

Orangutan looking grumpy!

Three heads are better than one - but it didn't look very appetising!


Terrible aim...!
The keeper was throwing balls of food at the orangs but his aim was terrible and much of it went into the water. Here is one of the orangs fishing a ball out with a twig!

I got all of my summer clothes out of storage - so stand by for a cold snap! It was great to see them again! After having not seen them for 6 months or so they almost feel like they are new. I never feel so excited to be getting my winter clothes out at the end of summer.

10 comments:

JAM said...

I really like the one with the cloth over his shoulders. Looks like a movie character, the wise old creature. I love the flower pic too, but I don't know the names of hardly any flowers, and my wife isn't here to tell me either.

Kaycee said...

I really like the photo of the orangutan with looking grumpy. Well spotted! Your photos remind me to go to my local zoo with my camera as soon as the weather finally improves here!

Anna said...

These are so great and I love the giraffes!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Wow, great photos!
I was here for the egg hunt and had to leave a comment.

Mafia Wife said...

I'm so jealous you're having such nice weather!!

Ah, but spring is finally going to come along here soon :)

I miss my summer clothes.

mrsnesbitt said...

I too got out some summer clothes, but need to contact the manufacturers because for some reason they all seem to have shrunk! Hmm tut tut bad workmanship eh!
Dxx

mrsnesbitt said...

CG check out my garden blog, I have left you a message re freecycle. There are a few groups in Cheshire!
Dxx

picperfic said...

my summer clothes seem to have shrunk too...I must have tumble dries them before packing them away....

Love the orangutang...I know how he feels!

Akelamalu said...

Great pictures. My son took Kai and Nate to Chester Zoo last Thursday - they had a great day.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

HI Julie

Thank you so much for the nomination, I will follow through on it tomorrow.

I would also like to thank you for so diligently keeping up to date on my blog despite my lack of response on yours LOL. Your words and thoughts mean so much to me.

I love the zoo shots, giraffe are my favorite animals, they are so graceful. Did you know that they have a huge heart which is needed to pump the blood up that looooong neck.

I too hope that we will meet someday soon. ((((((Hugs))))))) and thanks again

Lori