Monday, June 25, 2007

Cottage on the Eaton Estate


My lovely friend TALJ has nominated me for the above award! Thanks, T, it was just what I needed to lift my spirits today. Here is what she said about me...


CG/Julie is one of my closest friends, we've been through a lot together this past two years and just for that she deserves every award there is going! Julie has two blogs, this one, where you can find a photo a day (ish) and other 'stuff' and her gardening blog. Thanks for everything Julie, love you lots xxxx


Now I get to honour five of my blog friends with this award. What a hard task! But here they are in particular order:


1. Lipstick and Bullets.. I've known Mel some time on the Internet and we will finally get to meet this summer! Hurray; I can't wait!! Mel's life is really full and busy - she's a photographer, volunter, dog trainer, mom, waitress and all round great gal...I really value Mel's views as she's a clear thinker and expresses herself so well. You ROCK!!


2. Anna Banana Anna is a Canadian girl living in the NE of England. Her photo a day blog contains a great variety of images. You must check out the ongoing adventures of her little wooden pals. Anna has just posted a great series of puffin and other wildlife shots from the Farne Islands which shouldn't be missed.


3. Anna Anna is an American photographer living with her family in London - she has a fantastic eye for an unusual angle and she has taught me to always look up in case I miss something great. I never fail to feel better after a visit to her blog; Anna is one of those people who just inspire you and enrich your life. It's not just her photos, it's what she says and the way she says it. I'm so enjoying seeng my own country through her eyes.



4. Lori How could I sum up Lori in a few words? I just can't. If you love horses you'll get addicted to her blog but she takes wonderful photos of almost everything she comes across. I am hooked on the daily stories of the horses who live with Lori... Wiggle, Taxes, Cheyenne and the others and Lori introduced me to catblogging Friday. I wish so much I lived near Lori as I'd like nothing better than to help her clean out the stables and look after the horses.



5. And now for a new blog pal...Leanne who is fairly new to the world of blogging and how she finds the time to write I'm not sure as she has a really full life and busy life. Leanne is a fellow Big Brother fan and we should stick together!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words yesterday. No surprise but I am prone to worry and fret too much which is of course the reason I started this blog. Somehow it feels better just to write things down and some of the comments I got yesterday were really helpful - an added bonus.


11 comments:

Anna said...

WOW Julie...thanks! :) You said such nice things about me! Drop over to my blog...you have been chosen! Have a wonderful day...

Leanne said...

hello, ahh thanku my first blog award! im very new to all this and i havent even worked out how to add a calendar yet lol! im gonna have to get my mum over to give me a few lessons. hope you have a lovely day x

RUTH said...

Congratulations on your Award! Leanne just phoned me; she's thrilled to get her award! I'm glad that blogtalking your problem through has helped a little...I know it always helps me esp. when great people like you give your support.{{HUGS}}
Rx
btw...love that cottage garden

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations, well deserved!

I'll be checking out your five as soon as I get a minute. :)

Gledwood said...

Duh! ... how slow am I ... now why did I think you were American?? ... actually it was just something about your clothing and the demeanour of your portrait pic I can be no more specific than that..!

ho hum

How's it going, all good I hope ...

That olde worlde cottage reminds me of some of the buildings in Hatfield House grounds ... same era... v beautiful ... I went back there with my Mum some weeks ago ... excellent place... Y++our photos are always fantastic~!

Anna Ridley said...

Congratulations on your award, and thank you for nominating me!! :D

I'm glad blogging your troubles helped a bit yesterday; it's always lovely to know we have friends in blogland!

Love and {{HUGS}}

xoxox

JAM said...

Beautiful photo of the garden against the building.

Rock on!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Julie,
I visited 4 the first time your blog, and I like what I saw, esspecially the photography.

Greetings from JoAnn

Kaycee said...

Congratulations on your award, Julie. You really deserve it! I so enjoy visiting your blog, reading your posts, and viewing your wonderful photos!

Mafia Wife said...

Thank you CG! I will work on this one today! You are too sweet and I so can't wait for our visit!!!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Thanks so much Julie!!!! This made my day. I am still trying to catch up and can't believe I have missed so many of your posts. I will try to get this done soon. I miss all you guys and the daily interaction we had during the winter months, hopefully I can get back there soon. You are always in my thoughts ((((Huge Hugs))))

Lori
xx