Sunday, November 04, 2007



Missing Phil...

Phil left for Spain today on his photographic commission. He won't be home until Saturday and then only overnight before he is off to Scotland for a week. I'm so proud of the great images he is creating and happy that he has this opportunity. I miss him very much though!

He bought me some flowers before he left and I took some photos of them this afternoon...

I found some wonderful words on
Mrs Nesbit's blog
that I thought I would reproduce here (but visit her anyway as her blog is brilliant!!)

From "Gift From The Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

When you love someone, you do not love them all the time, in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return. We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity; when the only continuity possible, in life as in love, is in growth, in fluidity - in freedom, in the sense that the dancers are free, barely touching as they pass, but partners in the same pattern.

The only real security is not in owning or possessing, not in demanding or expecting, not in hoping, even. Security in a relationship lies neither in looking back to what was in nostalgia, nor forward to what it might be in dread or anticipation, but living in the present relationship and accepting it as it is now. Relationships must be like islands, one must accept them for what they are here and now, within their limits - islands, surrounded and interrupted by the sea, and continually visited and abandoned by the tides.


I've been thinking a lot about marriage especially after attending the wedding last week. Phil and I have been married nearly 20 years - we have had some very serious "downs" as well as many, many "ups" - but we're still together and every day I'm thankful for that.

Te amo Phil, buena noche...

5 comments:

picperfic said...

he will be back soon enough.....hark at me! I would miss Barry the moment he stepped out of the front door!

RUTH said...

I hope the week goes quickly for you
{{HUGS}}
Rx

JAM said...

Beautiful, the words and the flower.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi julie,
Me was being so busy (backpain - hospitals visits-fysio and more) , I am so sorry to hear you're missing Phil, I love also your beauty yellow flower. Hughs:)

mrsnesbitt said...

We too have been married 20 years next year!
So glad you liked the words, I was really moved when I first read them.

Dxx