Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some photos from our trip to Beverley in Yorkshire for the recent wedding.

The floral displays outside this hairdressers really caught my eye. I especially liked the pale blue pots. Quite expensive compared to my local hairdressers however!

I've gone and forgotten the name of this lovely church but it was just across the road from the hotel and the clock chimes kept many guests awake during the night (not me though!)



This is the front entrance of the hotel where we stayed and where the wedding breakfast and evening reception was held.

Only about 7 hours now before Phil comes home. He texted me in the night to say he couldn't sleep! I wish we had longer before he flies off to Scotland for a week on Sunday.

The kitchen rennovations are going well; the new floor is down and looks stunning. The new cabinets are also in sans doors and work services and already the kitchen looks much bigger and I'm itching to fill that new cupboard space.

Last the night the Wildcat invited us to spend Christmas Eve with her family. I was delighted. We had such a great time last Christmas Eve with them.

I read something online earlier which stirred up a lot of very mixed emotions. Sadness, regret, relief, guilt, hope for a fresh start and a brighter future. I hope the more positive feelings prevail.

3 comments:

artisbliss said...

Glad you'll be seeing Phil soon, if only briefly. This too shall pass.

I'm envious of the new kitchen goodies! Post photos when all is finished.

Love the blue pots too, perfect with the pink geraniums and lobelia.

Akelamalu said...

I love that hairdressers - it looks more like a quaint antique shop!

Good to hear the kitchen is coming along well - when I had mine done a couple of years ago I couldn't wait to get going in it!

JAM said...

Such interesting things to photograph. I get tired of photographing my area, but invariably get comments wishing they could see some of the things I photograph. Go figure.

I love the old look of these places, as if all the lives that have passed through them have added character somehow.