Friday, February 01, 2008


There is no sign here of the snow that has fallen in much of the UK today so here's a photo of some snowdrops instead! Not in my garden, sadly, I just planted three clumps earlier this week and they've not had a chance to spread yet!!

It was so windy last night and with all the creaks and moans about my attic bedroom I didn't sleep very well. It's supposed to get chilly tonight so another hotwater bottle will be accompanying me to bed. It was very gusty down on the shore at West Kirby this lunchtime; I feel like my face was sandblasted by all the windbourne sand blowing off the shore.

I just finished reading "Plain Truth"by Jodi Picoult and enjoyed it, especially all the details about the Amish way of life.

Well, I'm off to get a load of laundry on, wash the dishes and tidy up then hopefully I can be sat down watching a DVD before 8 pm!

7 comments:

artisbliss said...

Lovely snowdrops. Nothing that encouraging in my part of the world I'm afraid. We're still in a deep freeze.

We live near Amish folk. It is always interesting to drive to the grocery store and see a horse and buggy in the parking lot.

Dianne said...

the snowdrops are lovely. we've been under wind advisories for 2 days now. it's pretty gusty but the media loves to get dramatic, everything here is a crisis LOL

I hate sleeping when the house is creaking. I usually leave the TV on.

Kerri Farley said...

These snowdrops are lovely! No snow our way...JUST ICE on Friday. (I posted some shots of it)
Today (Saturday) it is Sunny and in the 50s :)

Anna said...

I love those! :) So pretty. Hope you are staying warm there.

Shammickite said...

Snowdrops! lovely. My neighbour's lawn is full of them once the snow melts. But they'll be staying hidden for a while, not much chance of spring here just yet.

picperfic said...

I always have trouble photographing these fluttery little blighters...you've done a grand job! The other problem I have is getting up after I've got down to get the angle I want! ho hum!

JAM said...

I love the "mood" of this. For some reason, it reminds me of times spent at my maternal grandparent's home as a kid. Late evening light and I can almost smell it too.