Wednesday, April 23, 2008



This glass is one of my favourite possesions; I inherited it from mum but don't know anything of its history, sadly. Funnily enough, I never thought to photograph it before Project Green had my looking around the house for suitable subjects!

Akelamalu tagged me for the six word memoir.


Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”).


The rules of the meme are:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

Here are my two efforts, below.

Daughter, lover, wife, mother, friend - memory.

Always afraid but determined to fight.


Frustration made me "compose" a third....something I always saying so it should probably be my epitaph...

Where are all the pens gone?

I'm not going to tag five people but I am challenging the incredibly talented wordsmith Dianne of Forks off the moment to do this as I think she'll do a great job!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day! I got an email from my photography boss and he said my photos from the last wedding were excellent!! I was floating about a foot off the ground after reading that, as I'm hopeless at evaluating my own work and just see all the faults and missed opportunities. After work and dinner it was still warm and sunny so I did some gardening. I was relaxing with Basil on the bench at the bottom of the garden wishing Phil was there too when the phone and it WAS Phil. So that was perfect.

6 comments:

artisbliss said...

Your green glass looks like it could be a Russian tea glass.Very pretty. Good for you on your photography boss' compliments!!

Dianne said...

Oh I'm first! LOL

I will gladly take your tag and run with it. I'll post something in a day or two.

I love that Phil called while you were missing him.

The Quiet Rage said...

Love the glass.... My life in six words or less? I guess I would be "Pour Me More Red Wine Please."

Anna said...

Beautiful glass! And I love the green!

Akelamalu said...

Love the glass, it's beautiful!

You did a great job on the Meme, the third one made me LOL!

I never doubted you'd done a good job on the wedding photographs - you need to believe in yourself more m'deario. x

bobbie said...

A beautiful glass and a beautiful memory of your mum.

You did well with the meme. And you did superbly in choosing Dianne. Isn't she great?! She came up with some good ones.

I love Charlie. I may have to adopt his brother to go with my other widgets. He's so cute!