Monday, April 21, 2008


This is Phil and our good friend Mel on Navy Pier in Chicago...happy memories!


Thanks to Akelamalu for this...I am in a bit of a creative drought so this has saved the day's post for me!!

It's the Hubby Meme...

Phil is away photographing this week and I'm missing him.

How long did you date? Three years

How old is he? I'm 2.5 years older than he is (he says 3 years, I say 2 years..)

Who eats more? He does but burns it all off!

Who said “I love you” first? He did. I wanted to reply at once but made myself wait a few days.

Who is taller? He is by 3"

Who sings better? He thinks he does but we are equally awful.

Who is smarter? He is. I would never have married a man who wasn't smarter than me!

Whose temper is worse? Interesting one...I lose mine more often but on the very rare occasions he loses his....it's terrifying!

Who does the laundry? We both do.
Who does the dishes? He does if I cook and vice versa (we don't have a dishwasher.)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? The right side as we lay in it would be me.

Who pays the bills? Mr Direct Debit pays most.

Who cooks dinner? Me. Although he makes the best fried rice.

Who drives when you are together? He does unless he intends having a drink then I drive but don't drink of course.

Who is more stubborn? He is.

Who asked who out first? He asked me out. And I said no (although I later changed my mind!)

Who kissed who first? I think it was a mutual thing....

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Usually him, although I'm trying! He says I can sulk for England.

Whose parents do you see the most? His, as mine are deceased.

Who proposed? We decided we'd get married after 3 months but had to wait for him to finish university. I did have a beautiful proposal when I got my ring :) It was worth the wait.

Who is more sensitive? Me ( he would say OVER-sensitive...!).

Who has more friends? Me. He's a bit of a loner and doesn't need people the way I do plus his long work hours don't allow much time for friendships.

Who has more siblings? He has two sisters, I have one brother.

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we have an equal partnership but I have a fairly traditional view of marriage and in my mind he is the head of the family and I respect his judgment greatly. I would not be comfortable with a man I could dominate...been in that sort of relationship and it was a disaster!

i'm not tagging anyone but if you feel like doing this let me know so I can check out your answers.

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, this is a fabulous post CG!
Very neat to learn more about you and your hubby :)
Hope you are doing well!

Dianne said...

that was fun to read! and I love a silvery headed man. I respectfully notice that your hubby is hot :)

"can sulk for England" - priceless. I'm covering the other side of the pond.

Akelamalu said...

Great answers CG thanks for doing it. :)

Anonymous said...

That does make interesting reading Julie. What a good idea. I really enjoyed our chat this afternoon. It was good to catch up ((Hugs)) CH

mrsnesbitt said...

This is great! Your hubby sounds very much like mine in some ways.
made me realise what good men we have.


Dxxx