Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little blue flowers...

Very suitable as I'm feeling a little blue myself!

Today started off really well with a cuddle in bed from my cat Shea and a walk with J and Buster. then it was home for lunch and off to RDA. Then it all went a bit pear-shaped...! I'm not going into details but it felt a bit like the last straw after the past few months.

On the bright side, I had a text from Phil that my mum in law is being released from hospital tomorrow which is great news and my redesigned website is up and running...Julie Mann Photography - after several days off line as everything got transferred.

I still need to upload some more images to it as well as process the several hundred from the wedding we did on Easter Saturday. We have a couple coming to see us on Sunday about a booking for January next year - the guy sounds really nice and I'm looking forward to meeting them but I gather they are seeing several photographers and somehow I don't expect to get the booking.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary - 21 years; hard to believe!

Funny to think that I started this blog because I was so worried about bird flu I was almost driving myself demented! And now we are facing the threat of swine flu! I am surprising myself by NOT descending into total panic yet but I am rather anxiously checking the news for developments. I'm not worried for me but for the girls...that's being a parent for you, I guess.

We have no idea what will happen about our trip to New York City at the end of May...just a case of wait and see what develops, I suppose.

3 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Good news about your MIL - I was home on the fourth day after my op.

Stop worrying m'dear about whether you get the booking, swine fever and everything else - what will be will be.

Happy Anniversary - go out and enjoy yourselves. :)

Dianne said...

the media is, once again, blowing the swine flu out of proportion. Here in NY they're scaring the crap out of people and then half the cases turned out to not be swine flu
thankfully Mayor Bloomberg is a rational, intelligent person

I checked out your site, it's great!! I loved the 'unleash the dress' section. your photos are so wonderful.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Keep your chin up m'dear ... I should talk LOL. I understand where u r coming from completely. Hope you have brightened up a bit since this post, I have enjoyed looking at the bright colors of the flowers, we have had so much rain that we are swamped and it is like a marsh walking outside and with the constant cold and heat fluctuations everything is out of sync and doesnt know if we are still in winter or going into summer!!

((((Hugs))))

Lori
xx