Saturday, July 04, 2009

Today has been really great; we all went over to Liverpool and spent large amounts of money; mainly on the girls I hasten to add! My daughters are so gorgeous (excuse my partiality!) I just love buying them clothes as I know they'll look great on them. Whereas I hate buying clothes for me as I know I'll always look the same - horrible! Maybe that's why I prefer to buy jewellery, shoes, bags and scarves!

That took up most of the day; and now Phil has gone out to photograph a charity walk and I'm waiting for a phone call from Kate so I can collect her from bowling at Cheshire Oaks. Then we are all supposed to watch the "Shopaholic" DVD (very appropriate after today!) but the way it's going it will be too late to do that!

My new eating regime is going ok with only minor lapses. To my amazement, on day six I awoke feeling tons better, just as Diet Lady said I would! I have totally stopped wanting to drink tea or coffee which is so odd. I do still want chocolate so on the advice of the book i bought some Lindt 85% dark chocolate (very low in sugar)as apparently the odd square is ok to satisfy the desire for chocolate. It is really different from Cadbury's Dairy Milk but I have to say, one square tasted delicious and yet I didn't feel the need to eat half the bar the way I do with Cadbury's!!!

Breakfast was Alpen sugar free museli and again that tasted INCREDIBLE; after those five days of deprivation it seems my taste buds have changed in some strange way. I had some oatcakes on Friday with a smear of fruit puree and honestly, they tasted better than a McVities Chocolate HobNob!!I could really taste the oats; normally I'd put so much butter on all I'd taste is butter. It is also odd not to be calorie counting...

I have no idea if I've lost weight as I have no scales. Also, although I'd love to lose some weight my main motivation is to eat better, maybe help my IBS and to not have so many cravings for crap foods. My trousers feel looser however! If I can somehow carry on, I'll probably pluck up courage to get on some scales if my trousers start actually falling DOWN!

If I can stick to this regime until after our holiday in August I'm going to treat myself to a riding lesson on Bruno - just a one-off!

11 comments:

photowannabe said...

Whoo Hoooo Julie.
Your new regime sounds wonderful and to see results in just a few days sounds like life altering things are happening. I think you will encourage me to give it a try. Of course after I write this I am going to my son's for a holiday BBQ...I promise to be careful!!
About the shots...yes they did hurt. Hubby and I each got 4. 2 in each arm. I just got a slight headache but Hubby is down for the count. He has flu like symptoms and is staying home and just vegging. You know he feels awful when he misses a BBQ.
I agree, your daughter are beautiful and I think its funny that you will watch the Shopaholic movie after the big spree. Made me smile.

Mabe said...

Wow, you're doing fantastically well on your diet. I'm glad it's working for you. You're right - both your girls are absolutely gorgeous :)

Dianne said...

you are doing great! come be my coach?

I love the look on the man's face - wrapped up in his music

just as you get wrapped up in the art you create

Akelamalu said...

Trousers being looser is a great indication you've lost weight. Also I find when I weigh myself I may not have actually lost any weight but I have lost inches.
Carry on the good work. :)

Scriptor Senex said...

Great photo. And glad you're doing well with your diet.

Mabe said...

I forgot to say - that is a fantastic photo. Talk about lost in music!

JAM said...

I love the photo. I call it being "in the zone." The weddings I have done, looking back, I felt as if I simply saw a video of the whole thing in fast motion.

I remember most of the shots, but there are always a few surprises like you have here that I didn't remember taking.

Good luck with the diet. My taste changes dramatically if I can get through the first four days. After that I can walk by a table full of sweets, but when I fall, I fall hard.

The Duck said...

Cor he reminded me of the man off the advert, the one where he and some other people start doing exercises on treadmills in the street!

cheshire wife said...

I think that you should have a break from the diet when you go on holiday. Good Luck until then!

The Quiet Rage said...

Your daughters are beautiful....

The Quiet Rage said...

Sounds like you're on a winning path! Personally, I stopped counting calories and I have dropped 25 pounds since last June. I think it's the Lindt's 85% chocolate:) I'm not joking...