Saturday, February 05, 2011

We have a new mattress. A new bed shop opened in Helsby this year and that prompted us to take the plunge and hopefully get a better night's sleep. It arrived today and I've just made up the bed with my favourite bedlinen - doesn't it look inviting? It has a layer of memory foam on it which feels pretty blissful. I nearly nodded off in the shop.

The weather is awful: I was hoping to do some work in the garden but it's just not possible. I did move a broken pot (victim of the icy weather - RIP my lovely pot-pond!) using the broken pieces as decoration in the borders. It's nice to see a few bulbs coming up and signs of life in some parts of the garden but in general the view is fairly depressing.

I am going to make a real effort to take more photos for pleasure - I'm basically only using the camera for work right now and that's a shame.

7 comments:

Dianne said...

pretty room
enjoy the new bed

so nice to see you, think of you all the time :)

Belle said...

Love the look of your bed. So pretty!

Akelamalu said...

A comfy bed is sooooo important. We have had a waterbed for years and I wouldn't swap it for anything.

I know what you mean about gardens looking bad at the moment. I can't wait to get out there and tidy mine up. The sight of spring bulbs poking up through the ground is a cheering sight. :)

mrsnesbitt said...

New bed and fresh bedding - the best!

cheshire wife said...

I hope that the bed is as comfortable as it looks!

We now have snowdrops out but it looks like everything in the garden is going to be late this Spring.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

I'm always nervous buying a new bed. Gorgeous bed and I love teddy sitting in the middle♥ Love the colour of the walls and the lighting makes it look so soft and romantic:) Enjoy many restful sleeps on your new bed. Linda xxx

Andrea said...

Very warm and inviting in this fristy frosty weather...I think I would find myself there all day lol
xxx
A