Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Feeling weird...

I have had a funny few days! I've been over-emotional and a bit depressed and have come to the conclusion that it's probably down to my recent proceedure and I just have to go with it until I'm feeling more normal again. Hopefully it won't be long. I just feel sorry for everyone having to put up with me right now!

I'm dreading work on Thursday. It's the Annual General Meeting of our "Friends of the library" group and I have no idea if our somewhat erratic Chair will turn up. So today I'm going in to write both my own Secretary's Address and a Chairperson's speech in case she is a no-show. I hate these meetings! People always ask me questions I can't answer (about why there is so much litter in the streets for example) or why it is that the Council budget for libraries is always so small (if I could answer that I'd be running the country I guess!)

It's one of those days when it seems much safer to stay in the house.

2 comments:

Secretly Me said...

I've felt that same way before, and it sure isn't fun. I try to focus on the things in my life that make me happy and bring smiles to my face. It's not perfect, but it sure does help.

CG said...

You're right, Mel. Today I got to cuddle a 9 week old baby girl at our baby bounce session in the library and that made going to work really feel worth-while!