Saturday, September 08, 2007

Two more B&W abstract shots from San Francisco. I am really happy with the way the top one turned out. I'm working today and this evening we are off to visit my sister in law in Beverley. Her daughter is getting married in October and I'm taking the photos. She's visiting for a dress fitting and to hear the banns being read so it's a good chance for me to chat to her about the sorts of pictures she wants as well as see the church and meet the vicar. All in all it's going to be a really busy weekend.

Shea had a narrow escape yesterday; he jumped out of our bedroom window. As we have a converted attic bedroom, he found himself VERY high up on a steeply pitched roof. P heard him crying for help and looking out of the window saw a poor moggy literally shaking with fear! P was just about able to reach down and haul him in. I think he used up one of his nine lives!!

9 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

HI CJ,
Have a greAT "BUSY" WEEKEND, AND i LIKE BOTH OF YOU SAN FRANCISCO'S PHOTO'S ooooops by accident capital letters....


Shea!!!! Ooow be carefull, not hurt/ P did a good job, better close that window, or add a childs safely lock hmmmm.

Bye see you :) JoAnn Haaaaatssjeee!

picperfic said...

love the top mono but the bottom one looks like it needs the levels adjusting to black the blacks up...oops sorry, not a critique site is it?

You'll be fine dong the wedding, you sound like you're on the ball with the arrangements anyway!

artisbliss said...

Poor Shea! Hope he learned his lesson. If my cats are anything to go by, though, he hasn't!

photowannabe said...

Nice architectual shots. Is that the Hyatt Regency?

Akelamalu said...

Those are great shots!

Anna Ridley said...

Wow - that first shot is superb Julie! I just love the lines and patterns. Really well seen.

Poor little Shea! Good thing he's got another 8 lives! :O

{{HUGS}}
xoxoxoxo

carmilevy said...

I'm so glad Shea is OK. When we had our cat, I was always afraid he'd get stuck somewhere dangerous because he was by default a crazy furball. But somehow, he avoided getting himself into too many jams, and ended up leading a very charmed life.

The walkway picture is so beautifully composed. Those curves speak to me. You've reminded me why San Francisco is such an amazing place to visit. Everywhere you turn, there's something memorable to capture in a photo.

RUTH said...

Great photos...the first is my favourite. Glad Shea is ok...thank goodness for those other 8 lives :o)

JAM said...

I love these, the bottom one reminds me of an octopus for some reason. I think at first glance the lights made me think of the little suction cups on the tentacles.